LOCATION AND ACCESS
ICC Sydney has equitable and step-free access to every conference, exhibition and entertainment venue. The Convention Centre, Exhibition Centre and Aware Super Theatre are seamlessly connected via the step-free level two concourse which can be accessed from all three venues.
Step free entrances are available at Iron Wharf Place and Woodward
Fountain via automatic sliding doors. Internally, elevators to all levels are
located on the ground floor to the left of Convention Café or to the right of
the Customer Service Desk.
From Car Park 1 (P1), lift access is available to the Exhibition Centre Level 2 and is step free — follow signs for directions. Externally, access is available via lifts and escalators at both south and north ends.
The south entrance is located near Aware Super Theatre and the north entrance is located close to Convention Centre on Tumbalong Boulevard,
towards Cockle Bay and Sofitel Hotel.
AWARE SUPER THEATRE
If entering from Car Park 2 (P2), take the elevator down to the ground floor exit, taking you to Moriarty Walk. Turn right to proceed towards the main entrance of the Aware Super Theatre.
Elevators are located to the right of the main entry staircase and escalators. Ushers stationed in elevators can provide further assistance.
For more information about accessibility and purchasing accessibility tickets at live entertainment events, such as music concerts, please visit the Aware Super Theatre website.
CAR PARK AND TRANSPORTATION
ICC Sydney has two car park facilities, Car Park 1 (P1) and Car Park 2 (P2), which can be accessed via Darling Drive.
P1 is located within the Exhibition Centre and provides easy access to all three
venues — Exhibition Centre, Convention Centre and Aware Super Theatre.
P2 is located within Aware Super Theatre and provides easy access to the
Exhibition Centre and Aware Super Theatre.
ICC Sydney’s two car parks are comprised of 826 parking spaces, including:
- 12 disabled parking bays — 8 within P1 — located at both the Convention Centre and Exhibition Centre entrances and 4 in P2, two on each level located next to the lifts.
- 25 motorcycle parking spaces
- 50 bicycle racks
- 20 electric car charge spaces
- Car park height is 2.2m.
For more information and rates, visit the Parking at ICC Sydney page
DROP OFF AND PICK UP ZONES
ICC Sydney is accessible by car via Darling Drive with zones for each venue as follows:
- Iron Wharf Place drop off and pick up zone is located between Convention Centre and Sofitel Darling Harbour, and provides easy access to the Convention Centre, Darling Harbour Theatre and Exhibition Centre meeting rooms and halls 1, 2, 5 & 6.
- Zollner Circuit drop off and pick up zone is located south of Aware Super Theatre and provides easy access to the Exhibition Centre meeting rooms and halls 3, 4 & 7 as well as the Theatre.
See Getting to ICC Sydney for further transport options.
Accessible toilets, ramps and spacious passenger lifts are available throughout the venue. Lowered or angled counters are located at key retail and customer service points.
A limited number of wheelchairs are available for hire free of charge. Wheelchairs can be collected from any customer service desk.
• Convention Centre Customer Service desk is located on the
• Exhibition Centre Customer Service desk is located on Level 2 next to
• Aware Super Theatre Customer Service desk is located on Level 2 opposite door 2.
Our customer service team members are happy to arrange the hire of
wheelchairs complimentary, however, we do encourage that the hirer bring a friend or companion to the event, as it is the responsibility of the hirer to manage the movement of the wheelchair during the event, and return the wheelchair once the event has concluded. A form of photo identification is required for hire.
AMENTITIES AND SERVICES
ACCESSIBLE TOILETS RH & LH
Wheelchair and ambulant accessible restroom facilities are available for patrons throughout the venue. ICC Sydney has both left and right hand railing ambulant bathrooms. Please visit any customer service desk, or ask our friendly team members if you require directions.
CHANGING PLACES, TOILET & UNISEX ACCESSIBLE TOILET RH
ICC Sydney also has a Changing Places facility located on Level 2 of the Exhibition Centre and provides:
- a height-adjustable adult-sized change table
- a constant-charging ceiling track hoist system
- a centrally-located peninsula toilet
- circulation spaces as defined in the design specifications
- an automatic door with a clear opening of 950 mm.
ICC Sydney has wheelchair accessible parenting rooms equipped with a feeding area, change table and food preparation area. Dedicated parenting rooms can be found in the following locations:
- Convention Centre Ground Level — Located in the corridor next to the cafe directly opposite the first aid room
- Convention Centre Level 2 — located in the corridor on the right between Parkside Ballroom and The Gallery, before you reach Pyrmont Theatre and foyer
- Exhibition Centre Level 2 — located directly to the right of Hall 3 entry point
- Aware Super Theatre Level 2 — located directly to the right of Door 4 entry point.
ICC Sydney has First Aid rooms located in all buildings:
- Convention Centre Ground Level — located in the corridor next to the Cafe.
- Exhibition Centre Level 2 — located to the left of the Customer Service Desk and Exhibition Hall 4.
- Aware Super Theatre — located at both Ground Floor near General Admission and Level 2 next to Door 1.
Braille is provided on room door signage and fixed directional signage throughout the venue, including:
- any door exiting the building e.g. Ground Floor Exit
- bathroom doors, both entry and cubicle
- all Hearing Augmentation signs, located beside most meeting room entry points or at the Customer Service desks
- all Parent Rooms
- exit signs beside the Fire Escape doors, together with a Refuge Point sign alongside each
- all buttons inside lifts and most external buttons.
Induction loop hearing augmentation systems are in place in the Grand Ballroom and Grand Ballroom Foyer.
Infra-red emitted hearing augmentation systems are in place in all meeting rooms and theatres, including Darling Harbour Theatre and Aware Super Theatre.
Complimentary hearing augmentation devices (hearing loops) are available to guests at the Customer Service desks located in the Convention Centre, Exhibition Centre and Aware Super Theatre.
In order to collect a hearing augmentation device, a form of photo identification must be supplied. We do ask that the device remains on premises, and that the hirer return the device to the customer service desk when no longer required.
SERVICE ANIMALS / GUIDE DOGS
Accredited service animals are welcome inside the venue. We do ask that at all times the service animal is displaying their identification badge or medallion.
If the service animal needs to be taken outside of the venue to relieve itself, notify one of our friendly customer service team members who will direct you to the nearest outdoor area.
Outdoor areas include any grassed area, except children’s playgrounds, including Tumbalong Park and the ICC Sydney Forecourt in between Convention Centre and Exhibition Centre and across from ICC Sydney Administration Office.
ACCESSIBILITY TICKET BOOKINGS
TICKETEK BOOKINGS FOR LIVE ENTERTAINMENT EVENTS
For live events in Darling Harbour Theatre and Aware Super Theatre, such as concerts or theatre performances, there are a number of ways to book accessible tickets through Ticketek:
Book online through the Ticketek website. Click on the ‘Get Accessible Tickets’ icon on the event page. Complete the form submission, ensuring to include as much information as possible as this helps to accommodate you during the event.
Call Ticketek’s Accessible Seating Booking Line on 1300 665 915. The phone line is open Monday to Friday 9am — 8pm and Saturday and Sunday 9am — 5pm.
Please note that Ticketek is the only authorised ticket seller for live events at Darling Harbour Theatre and Aware Super Theatre.
Please visit the Aware Super Theatre website for further information.
To purchase or register for an accessibility seat at ICC Sydney, please contcat the event organiser directly as ICC Sydney does not manage ticket purchasing.