Location and Access
ICC Sydney has equitable and step-free access to every entertainment, exhibition and conference venue.
The Convention Centre, Exhibition Centre and Aware Super Theatre are seamlessly connected across the second level of the venue via a step-free concourse.
- Entrances are available at Iron Wharf Place and Woodward Fountain via automatic sliding doors.
- Internally, elevators to all levels are located on the ground floor to the left of Convention Café or to the right of the customer service desk.
- From Car Park 1 (P1), lift access is available to the first level of the Exhibition Centre and is step free. Follow signs for directions.
- Externally, access is available via lifts and escalators at both south and north ends. The south entrance is located near Aware Super Theatre and the north entrance is located close to Convention Centre on Tumbalong Boulevard, towards Cockle Bay and Sofitel Hotel.
Aware Super Theatre
- If entering from Car Park 2 (P2), take the elevator down to the ground floor exit, taking you to Moriarty Walk. Turn right to proceed towards the main entrance.
- Elevators are located to the left of the main entry staircase and inside the VIP doorway. A VIP ticket is not required for patrons with accessibility needs. Ushers stationed in elevators can provide assistance. For further information about accessibility at live entertainment events, such as music concerts and theatre, please visit the Aware Super Theatre accessibility website page.
CAR PARKING AND TRANSPORTATION
ICC Sydney operates two 24 hour car parking stations with a total of 826 parking spaces including 11 disabled parking bays, 25 motorcycle parking spaces, 50 bicycle racks and 30 electric car charge spaces.
The two car park facilities are located within the Exhibition Centre (Car Park 1) and Aware Super Theatre (Car Park 2).
Electric Charging bays:
ICC Sydney has 20 electric car charging bays located in Car Park 1.
ICC Sydney has 10 electric car charging bays located on Level 1 in Car Park 2.
Please note that the electric chargers in ICC Sydney’s car parks will activate/unlock with any RFID card. These chargers have a Type 1 plug. Visitors who have a Type 2 car will need to bring an adapter.
for more information about our electric charging bays.
Check the ICC Sydney website
for car parking rates and for updates on possible car park closures.
ICC Sydney operates as cashless parking only.
Payment for parking can be made using credit card.
- tap credit card/phone pay on entry - no ticket is issued - tap same credit card/phone pay on exit and payment is made.
- take a ticket on entry, then when ready to exit pay at pay stations or exit gates with ticket and credit card.
Other parking options:
Additionally, there are a number of secure car parks located in and around Darling Harbour including Harbourside Car Park. For a full list of car parking facilities, please visit the Darling Harbour website
Car park height is 2.2m.
For more information and rates, visit the Parking at ICC Sydney
Drop off and pick up zones
ICC Sydney is accessible by car via Darling Drive. The closest set down point for each building is as follows:
• Convention Centre: Iron Wharf Place (located next to the Sofitel).
• Exhibition Centre northern entrance: Iron Wharf Place (by the Convention Centre).
• Exhibition Centre southern entrance: Zollner Circuit (next to Aware Super Theatre).
• Aware Super Theatre: Zollner Circuit (next to Aware Super Theatre).
See Getting to ICC Sydney
for further transport options.
Accessible toilets, ramps and spacious passenger lifts are available throughout the venue. Lowered counters are located at all key retail and service points.
A limited number of wheelchairs are available for hire free of charge. Wheelchairs can be collected from any customer service desk.
Our customer service staff are happy to arrange the hire of wheelchairs, however, we do encourage that the hirer bring a friend or companion to the event, as it is the responsibility of the hirer to manage the movement of the wheelchair during the event, and return the wheelchair once the event has concluded.
AMENITIES AND SERVICES
Wheelchair and ambulant accessible restroom facilities are available for patrons throughout the venue. ICC Sydney has both left and right hand ambulant bathrooms. Please visit any customer service desk, or ask our friendly team members if you require directions.
ICC Sydney has wheelchair accessible parenting rooms equipped with a feeding area, change table and food preparation area. Dedicated parenting rooms can be found in the following locations:
- Convention Centre: ground floor and level two
- Exhibition Centre: level two
- Aware Super Theatre: level two
ICC Sydney has First Aid rooms located in all buildings:
- Convention Centre: level one located to the right of the administration entry
- Exhibition Centre: level two located to the left of the customer service desk
- Aware Super Theatre: level one and ground floor
Braille is provided on room door signage and fixed directional signage throughout the venue.
- Induction loop hearing augmentation systems are in place in the Grand Ballroom and Grand Ballroom Foyer.
- Infra-red emitted hearing augmentation systems are in place in all meeting rooms and theatres, including Darling Harbour Theatre and Aware Super Theatre.
- Complimentary hearing augmentation devices (hearing loops) are available to guests at the customer service desks located in the Convention Centre, Exhibition Centre and Aware Super Theatre.
In order to collect a hearing augmentation device, a form of photo identification must be supplied. We do ask that the device remains on premises, and that hirer return the device to the customer service desk when no longer required.
Service Animals/Guide Dogs
Accredited service animals are always welcome inside the venue. We do ask that at all times the service animal is displaying their identification badge or medallion.
If the service animal needs to be taken outside of the venue to relieve itself, notify one of our friendly customer service team members who will direct you to the nearest outdoor area.
Accessibility Ticket Bookings
Ticketek Bookings for Live Entertainment Events
For live events in Darling Harbour Theatre and Aware Super Theatre, such as concerts or theatre performances, there are a number of ways to book accessible tickets through Ticketek:
- Book online through the Ticketek website. Click on the 'Get Accessible Tickets' icon on the event page. Complete the form submission, ensuring to include as much information as possible as this helps to accommodate you during the event.
- Call Ticketek's Accessible Seating Booking Line on 1300 665 915. The phone line is open Monday to Friday 9am - 8pm and Saturday and Sunday 9am - 5pm.
- Live Chat with one of Ticketek's agents by clicking on the link on the events page or ticketing website.
- Please note that Ticketek is the only authorised ticket seller for live events at Darling Harbour Theatre and Aware Super Theatre.
Please visit the Aware Super Theatre accessibility website page
for further information.
To purchase or register for an accessibility seat please contact the event directly.
Should you have any questions or considerations not mentioned in the above, please contact our customer services team at email@example.com
or call us on +61 2 9215 7100.
ICC Sydney is committed to providing a venue that is inclusive and equitable, where all feel welcome and have an enjoyable and comfortable experience. We constantly endeavour to improve accessibility for all our guests. If you have any comments or recommendations, please pass this on to any of our friendly team members or contact us